New York, NY
The Dynamo Room In The First Edison
Photograph - Photograph
The Dynamo Room in the first Edison Electric Lighting Station at the Pearl Street in lower Manhattan in 1882. There were six dynamos (generators), each output electricity that could power 1,100 lights. The dynamos were driven by steam engines run from boilers located in another part of the power plant.
December 4th, 2011
Viewed 330 Times - Last Visitor from Wilmington, DE on 05/25/2015 at 2:37 AM