The Manley Popcorn Building Bw
Photograph - Photography
Originally, popcorn was sold from wagons parked outside of movie theaters. Inventor, Charles T. Manley, and producer, Julian R. Burch, started producing the first electric popcorn machines in 1925 and began selling them to theater owners so theaters could sell popcorn themselves. By 1940, the name of the company changed to Manley, Inc. The Manley Company soon became one of the leading providers of popcorn poppers and supplies to theaters and candy counters worldwide. It was located in the building that stands at 1920 Wyandotte Ave. in Kansas City, MO. In 1998 it was renovated and turned into the ‘Popcorn Lofts’.
July 16th, 2012
Viewed 70 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 02/26/2015 at 9:04 PM