Comment, Like, & Favorite
The Palmetto Phoenix Old Sheldon Church Ruins
The Sheldon church was built around 1745 and was burned twice: first by the British Army during the Revolutionary War, then by Sherman�s troupes at the beginning of the Civil War. Although never rebuilt the church�s pillars and outside walls remained erect. A free public service is held every year on the Second Sunday after Easter. The Old Sheldon Church Ruins is now a very popular spot for wedding ceremonies, testimony that new life does spring from ashes.
March 3rd, 2009
Viewed 7,077 Times - Last Visitor from Raleigh, NC on 07/29/2014 at 3:38 PM
copy and paste to your website / blog - preview
old sheldon church framed prints, 18th century ruins framed prints, william�s parish framed prints, beaufort framed prints, wedding sites framed prints, old sheldon church greeting cards, 18th century ruins greeting cards, william�s parish greeting cards, beaufort greeting cards, wedding sites greeting cards, old sheldon church prints, 18th century ruins prints, william�s parish prints, beaufort prints, wedding sites prints, old sheldon church posters, 18th century ruins posters, william�s parish posters, beaufort posters, wedding sites posters
Web03 - 0.00 - 0.00 - 0.01 - 0.01 - 0.02 - 0.02 - 0.02 - 0.02 - 0.03 - 0.03 - 0.03 - 0.03 - 0.04 - 0.04 - 0.04 - 0.04 - 0.05 - 0.35