Western Auto Building Of Kansas City Missouri
Photograph - Photography
The Western Auto Building, also known as the Coca-Cola Building or the Candler Building, is located at 2107 Grand Boulevard, in the Crossroads neighborhood of Kansas City, Missouri.
The twelve-story Commercial-style building was designed by Arthur C. Tufts & Co. and built by the Swenson Construction Co. for the Coca-Cola Co. in 1914. It later was the headquarters of the Western Auto Supply Co., whose multistory lighted sign still tops the building. The landmark sign consists of 2,500 light bulbs and 1,000 feet of neon. The building and its sign are visible from much of the Crossroads and the surrounding neighborhoods, as well as to drivers on Interstate 35. This visibility, together with the structure's longevity, has made the Western Auto Building a city landmark.
The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988 and is now a loft condominium.
December 30th, 2012
Viewed 99 Times - Last Visitor from Olathe, KS on 04/22/2015 at 11:18 PM