Photograph - Photography, Photograph
First baptist church in Anna, TX.
Anna is located on State Highway 5, Farm Road 455, and U.S. Highway 75 eleven miles northeast of McKinney in north central Collin County. Although Collin McKinney settled within a few miles of the future town site in 1846, John L. Greer, who arrived in 1867, is credited with building the first home and store in the new community. The Houston and Texas Central Railway, at that time built between Dallas and Denison, passed through the area in 1873. By the time Anna was platted in 1883, it had a population of twenty, two stores, a steam gristmill, and a Baptist church. A post office also opened in that year. By 1890 the town had a population of 100 to 200. Anna was incorporated in 1913, with John L. Greer as first mayor.
Original photography by Elena Nosyreva.
(c) All copyrights reserved by Elena Nosyreva.
September 1st, 2012
Viewed 168 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 04/26/2015 at 5:00 AM