Fine Art America is the world's most powerful sales and marketing tool for photographers and visual artists.
Simply open an account, upload your images, set your prices for all our available products, and you're instantly in business! FAA provides you with an e-commerce website, fulfills your orders for you, and sends you your profits each month.
Buyers and collectors are invited to purse all artist file pages in this collection including artist links here on FAA as this group features several disciplined artists working in well thought out series of perfected images. Such artists may only have one or a few of their images in this group at a time in order to maintain community group variety and space. This group is updated one or two times per month. Some of the finest works may be found way at the back, in the higher numbered pages as FAA loads from back to front.
Open to all FAA artists internationally, the American Style Impressionism group embodies all the qualities of the master French impressionists with one difference: form, space and dimensional integrity are retained throughout compositional design. Impressionism means: an impression of the rendered subject matter. American Style Impressionism includes loose brushwork and clear natural light coloration while retaining, for the most part, form, space and dimensional integrity (that avoids surrealism, cubism, abstraction and expressionism).
Here are some helpful links sampling types of works sought for this group:
The Irvine Museum Bookstore
Ask Art California Art Club
PAINTINGS PAINTINGS PAINTINGS
1. Paintings only (NO photographs, NO digital)
2. Works executed in the style of plein air are welcome.
3. Impressionism is defined by loose brushwork with an emphasis on clear natural light.
4. Coloration should be local, naturalistic, true to subject matter, absent of pervasive inky blacks, large blocks of exposed white surface, or Barbazon school browns (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbizon_school).
5. All subjects accepted, particularly those applicable to any variety of diverse public arenas.
6. Charming goofy comic characters, even if done in an impressionistic style, are subject to rejection.
7. Explicit nudity or disturbing obtuse works will not be approved.
8. Poorly photographed or cropped images are subject to rejection.
9. Repeated submits by the same artist under different FAA account(s) and/or repeated submits of same image under a variety of digital alterations will be deleted. Artists who pound this group with repeated account and/or digital alteration submits are subject to removal from this group.
10. Daily limit per artist set to a maximum of one (1) image to support group variety.
Periodically, in no reflection of submitted works, I may delete and or rotate featured images to keep the page alive; AND, in such instances, return submissions are welcome. FAA members who repeatedly submit works, photos or digitals that are well outside the above listed Group Description submission requirements are subject to being deleted from the group (while always welcome to visit and enjoy other member works).
Thank you in advance for sharing your beautiful works!
Logo image: Palace of Fine Arts (sketch, San Francisco, Calif., USA), acrylic on stretched canvas, 40 x 30 x 1.7 cm, 2013. Copyright (c) Vanessa Hadady