This is a group about beautiful gardens. Gardens have existed through the ages, and endure because of their beauty and the joy they bring. This group showcases the artist's and photographer’s eye in bringing garden beauty to life.
The group scope is images of human-made or natural gardens, sections of gardens, and elements of gardens such as paths, wall, water features, sitting areas, plantings, planting combinations and planting design, and garden ornaments and focal points. Of interest are specimen trees, shrubs and plants, along with garden floral plantings. We enjoy natural gardens in parks and wild areas, where they have some element of garden design (e.g. a fence or path or designed planting). The focus is on garden design and elements. It can include farm and vegetable gardens, vineyards, and greenhouse environments.
The group scope *EXCLUDES* single flowers or floral portraits. Images with specimen plants of multiple flowers (e.g. 12) and a discernable garden setting will be considered. It *EXCLUDES* images of bugs, butterflies, animals, or people when they are the focus of the image rather than a garden displaying garden elements.
Examples of elements of gardens are:
- paths, walls, and water features, sitting areas – the elements of hard landscape
- the plants themselves in combination with other plants
- trees, shrubs and plants as specimens in the garden context
- garden ornaments and focal points such as sculptures
- garden structures such as small buildings, pergolas and arches and garden fences and gates, or gardens in the context of architectural structures such as houses
NO SINGLE FLOWER or FLOWER PORTRAIT ENTRIES, NO INSECTS,BUTTERFLIES, ANIMALS OR PEOPLE AS THE IMAGE FOCUS. NO SCENIC LANDSCAPES of mountains, ocean sunsets, massive waterfalls, etc - these are meant for other groups.
FAA Forum Rules apply in the group. These can be found at: