Fine Art America is the world's most powerful sales and marketing tool for photographers and visual artists.
Simply open an account, upload your images, set your prices for all our available products, and you're instantly in business! FAA provides you with an e-commerce website, fulfills your orders for you, and sends you your profits each month.
The idea of this group is to demonstrate your skill with artificial lighting ON TOP of your photographic skills in composition etc.
It is not limited to studio photography or strobe photography. Painting with light, as well as images taken with usage of existing ambient or directional light is welcome, as long as dominant light was any sort of artificial light created or produced by you or your assistant(s).
Additionally, this group is for sharpening its members lighting skills, and helping to non members to improve their lighting skills through exchange information on lighting setup, equipment, modifiers etc.
By submitting your image to this group you agree to following rules:
1) This group is NOT about EXPENSIVE OR ELABORATE LIGHTING GEAR, rather quality or uniqueness of lighting created using artificial light as the dominant light source.
2) Still life, portraits – whatever subject you like!
3) Work that is inappropriate will be deleted.
4) 2 images per day please to give everyone’s work a chance to show before moving off the front page.
5) Expect to have questions about lighting used on images posted here to be entered as comments to your images. Please be courageous enough to answer them when it possible. And feel free to ask other members questions on their lighting, either by comments or through forum here.
6) Nudes are ok but no genitals, this includes: No porn. “Tasteful and artistic” should be your guide, moderators will decide what is acceptable and what is not – no arguments, no correspondence will be entered into.
7) Workplace filter should be on any nude works for the group.
8) No photo manipulations beyond standard photographic image processing workflow. That means no composite images (except for focus stacking for still life or macro), no HDR images. Toning and limited dodging and burning are OK, as long as it only minimally enhances image and not alter created lighting.
Please note that all images are accepted at the moderators discretion and no correspondance will be entered into.
Thank you for your participation.
Lets make this group special and useful!