Fine Art America is the world's most powerful sales and marketing tool for photographers and visual artists.
Simply open an account, upload your images, set your prices for all our available products, and you're instantly in business! FAA provides you with an e-commerce website, fulfills your orders for you, and sends you your profits each month.
Photographs of things that are old, run down or restored. Abandoned houses and cars, or antique cars that are restored. Also include photographs of old worn out hardware like door knobs or old wooden doors. Looking for man made subjects.
I love photographs of old things because they seem to have a lot of character. When photographing things that have a lot of rust, old paint peeling etc., it can add a lot of texture to the image, depending on the lighting.
We are not just looking for old things to photograph, it needs to be a good photograph. Looking for good lighting, design, perspective, etc. Just a picture of something old does not make a good photograph. Please, no copies of old photographs, you must have original work!
I do appreciate all the thank you's but unfortunately, there are so many images, and I only have limited time, so I am unable to thank everyone individually. Thank you all for the discussion emails!
Standards I consider before adding images to the Old and Used group:
1. Must not have too much noise.
2. Must be in focus ( there are exceptions).
3. Whites must not be blown out, or have too much black, another words it must print well.
4. The design of the image must work.
5. No logos.
6. No copies of old posters etc., this isn't photography, just copying something.
7. Not looking for snapshots of old things. Play attention to lighting, perspective, etc.
8. No more barns unless they are very different and artistic!