A group for Women Painters and their traditional media, only.
Hand paintings in oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, collage, tempera, charcoal, crayons and mixed, traditional media.
ABSOLUTELY NO Photography. ABSOLUTELY NO Digitally Manipulated work of any kind.
“If you walk into the best-known museums, you might think the art world is a world without women. Sure, they’re in the pictures hanging on the walls. They’re in the galleries looking at the art. But even though half of all visual artists today are women, only 5% of the art on display in museums is by female artists.”
Susan Fisher Sterling – National Museum of Women in the Arts
*Before I put brush to canvas, I question, Is this mine? ...Is it influenced by some idea which I have acquired from some man? ...I am trying with all my skill to do a painting that is all of women, as well as all of me.'
Rules and guidelines.
1- Any type of artworks created by Women Painters: oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, collage, gouache, tempera, ink, charcoal, crayons or mixed media by hand only.
2. All Works must be original.
3. Only submit artwork that you are proud of.
4. Art piece must have a title or will be rejected.
5. The host will accept or reject images
6. Ideally 4 submissions a day.
7. No Photography. No digitally manipulated media of any kind.
8. Please be sure to add a description about your work or something relevant about it.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER OF THE CONTEST \\\Women Painted by Women\\\ sponsoring by this Group
1st Place Prize 'Grandmother' by Victoria Kharchenko
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS OF THE CONTEST \\\Welcome Summer Paintings\\\ sponsoring by this Group. This contest finished with a tie