Son of the Portuguese painter Manuel D’Assumpcao was born in Lisbon in 1956 and lives now in Guimaraes, north of Portugal.
He exhibits regularly since 1989. He’s Fellow of RSA, London. With the artists Adrian Bayreuther, Constantin Severin, Izabella Pavlushko and Olga Dmytrenko constitute the international group “3rd Paradigm”. He’s also a Member of “Portuguese Authors Society”, “International Illustrated Letter Writing Society”, “Artists for Peace”, “Archetypal Expressionism” founded by the art critic and artist Constantin Severin, and Mirca Art Group, Sweden. His paints are showed in several collections such as Bank of Portugal,Cupertino de Miranda’s Foundation, C. M. Barcelos, C.M. Sousel, J.P.F., Pascoaes House, and the poet António Pinheiro Guimaraes Family and other private collections in Portugal and other Countries.
He has participated as a member of the Jury in the 2nd and the 3rd Biennial International of Youth Art of “Vila Verde” village. He was selected by the International Jury to participate at the 4th International Biennial of Contemporary Art of Firenze (2003), Italy. He was selected to participate at “BIRD 2005 International Art Award”, Beijing, China, and 1st International Art Biennial of Chapingo, Mexico.
Together with Maria Isabel D’Assumpcao, creates modern tapestry in typical Portuguese “Arraiolos” with exclusive designs.
• 2nd Place award in “BIRD 2005 International Art Award”, Beijing, China.
• 3rd Place award in the “Artperiscope.com art Project: the Light” (2006), Czestochowa, Poland.
• 1st Place award in the “3th Artperiscope Artwork Competition” (2008), Czestochowa, Poland.
• Silver Award, Artmajeur, 2010
• Diploma of Excellence (Honorable Award), 1st Ibiennial of Contemporary Art, Artoteque, London, England
- “Dictionary of the Portuguese plastic artists” – Adrian Editors.
- “Plastic Arts – Portugal” – Estar Editors.
- “Aspects of the Plastic Arts in Portugal – III” – F. Infante do Carmo
- “Art – 98” – F. Infante do Carmo.
- “Who is Who of the Portuguese Artists” – Sol Invictus Publ.
- “Anuary of Arts” – Estar Editors.
- “Arts 2001 – Directory of Arts” – Publicenter.
- “Magazine of Arts nº 1”.
- “Embraced Surrealism” – Cupertino de Miranda’s Foundation.
- “Freedom & Art”, Mirca Art Group, Sweden.
- “Planet Heart, Planet Art”, Mirca Art Group, Sweden.