I love to paint! Although I do have a serious side, I am usually smiling, especially when I am painting or viewing other artists' work on FAA and commenting. Thank you for viewing my FAA site. I have a mixture of paintings and photos here. Some of my paintings on on display at two locations in the Smithfield, VA area. I have sold a few paintings locally as well as via FAA. I am fortunate to have spare time to paint. I retired early from my teaching career. I taught second grade in the Hampton City School System for 24 years.
Here is my e-mail address in case you'd like to write a private e-mail to me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a list of the images that I have on FAA. . However, you can click on 'galleries' to see my paintings/photos in an organized way.
l. Southwestern scenes and Southwestern/Native American themes, especially featuring the lengendary figure: 'Kokopelli'.
2. Works purely from my imagination, including a variety of subjects.
3. Animals, including cats, dogs, elephants, giraffes, birds and butterflies.
4. Experimental : One example of experimental would include painting on Braille paper, yes, Braille paper from Braille books.
5. Scenes from nature, realistic or expressionistic scenes. One example would be 'Autumn Hideaway'.
6. Faces, semi-abstract figures
7. Fish: I could have included this in with the animals. However they deserve a category of their own. These are
highly textured, colorful fish, many with luminous effects
8. Fun photo images enhanced by paint
9. Cottages, Buildings, LIghthouses
10. In the 'gallery' section I have also included paintings by my much missed and loved FATHER, Edgar L. Turner.
He painted Mona Lisa, The Gleaners, Blue Boy and many other copies of famous works.
However, he could paint just about ANYTHING that he saw. He painted portraits of family members, including my brother and myself.
He could paint outdoor scenes that are so real looking that I just don't know how to describe them unless you just come over here and I show you the ones that I have... for example: 'Mabry Mill'.
He always used oils on canvas..
One of his favorite subjects to paint was my dear and much missed and loved MOTHER, Anne Young Turner. She was a beauty.
The paintings that my father painted are not for sale. However, I felt that this venue would be a good place to show some of his great artwork.
Note: if you type in 'www.anneelizabethwhiteway.com' you can go to other links to my work.
I am also on ArtWanted.
I have my own personal art website: www.echolakeart.com, which, by the way, needs to be upgraded.
(Note: If you visit my echolakeart site, be aware that the contact section does not work. So if you try to send me a message it will not 'go through'. It will go to a form saying Fineartamerica, however it will not route through there.)
You can to me via E-mail. email@example.com. I would love to hear from you.
Thank you for reading this and may God bless you.
Note: Temporarily I have been unable to upload new images to my FAA site because my browser is not working properly. I am having a computer expert come over soon to fix it. Thank you for reading this. Date posted: May 16, 2014