Selena Boron, Painting and Illustrating, Australia.
Very versatile artist Selena Boron was born in 1957 in Gdansk, Poland, holds an ICS Diploma in Commercial Art, has completed numerous Fine Art courses and workshops in Australia and overseas and creates most of her paintings in acrylics, oils and pastels. A natural talent, she has had a passion for painting and drawing since early childhood and after emigrating from Poland to New Zealand in 1981 she now resides in Gold Coast, Australia and paints full time. Selena Boron is fully capable of creating a vast range of paintings, including beautiful photo-realistic landscapes and portraits, cartoons, abstracts and everything in between. Human face and hands, the two most difficult subjects in art, are her specialty. She uses good quality materials and puts a lot of time and effort into her paintings - her paintings consist of a few additional layers of gesso and many layers of paint, to achieve the best possible results and excellent longevity. Finally all her paintings are covered with quality clear protective varnish.
Member of the ArtExpoSite.com Art Society, a Non-Profit Organization. Selena Boron’s paintings are already enjoyed in collections in Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK, South Africa and other countries.
All good painters whose works show imagination, talent, effort and quality workmanship, in particular Gustav Klimt, Vincent van Gogh and Pierre-Auguste Renoir.
I love to explore the differences and similarities between photo-realism and abstract and to paint spontaneous, original, timeless paintings where it will be a pleasure to look at them on the wall, day after day, and never get bored. Paintings which perfectly express my interests, feelings and emotions, yet they still leave enough room for viewer’s imagination and interpretation. Simply put - let the paintings speak for themselves!
Commissions accepted, including portraits, painting and drawing from your photos and book illustrating. Original portraits and paintings from your photos. Not prints, not copies - 100% hand painted by Selena Boron.
Selected Joint Exhibitions:
- 22-24 October 2010, Marymount Art Show, Burleigh Waters, Gold Coast, Australia (by invitation only)
- October 2009 - February 2010, Moulton Galleries, Mona Vale, Sydney, Australia
- October 2009 - February 2010, Moulton Galleries, Mosman, Sydney, Australia
- October 2009 - December 2010, Escape Gallery, Murwillumbah's Fine Art Centre, New South Wales, Australia
- 2009 - 2011, Soul In Stone Sculptures Fine Art Gallery, Marine Village, Sanctuary Cove, Gold Coast, Australia
- July 2009 - November 2009, Picture This Art Gallery, Pacific Fair Shopping Centre, Broadbeach, Gold Coast, Australia
- 2008 - February 2010, Moulton Galleries, Southport, Gold Coast, Australia
- 2009 - 2011, The Art Boutique, Bethlehem, Tauranga, New Zealand
- 2009 - present, Zohar Art Gallery, Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
- 2009 - 2011, Grassroots Art Gallery, Papamoa, Tauranga, New Zealand
- October 2009, Royal Queensland Art Gallery, Gold Coast, Australia
- 29 August - 11 October 2009, Gold Coast City Art Gallery, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia
- September 2009, Royal Queensland Art Gallery, Gold Coast, Australia
- August 2009, Gold Coast Show, Southport, Gold Coast, Australia
- August 2009, Royal Queensland Art Gallery, Gold Coast, Australia
- July 2009, Royal Queensland Art Gallery, Gold Coast, Australia
- June 2009, Royal Queensland Art Gallery, Gold Coast, Australia
- September 2008, Royal Queensland Art Gallery, Gold Coast, Australia.
In November 2008 Selena Boron was accepted for representation by Agora Gallery located at 530 West 25th Street, in the centre of the most significant art district of New York City. In December 2009 she was invited to exhibit at the Ico Gallery, in their new flagship location in extravagant ground floor 3,000 sq ft gallery in Chelsea, New York.
Thank you for visiting the website exhibition!
For any further information go to: www.SelenaBoronArt.com