Bob Renaud was born on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. At the age of 20, he created, establshed, and developed 'Custom Fabric Painters' of Miami, Florida. He was twenty years ahead of his time with this resusitated art form, painting whatever his clients wanted on the garments they purchased from various Miami boutiques. The call back home was strong, so Bob returned to the Mississippi Coast. He worked for 25 years as a chief draftsman and senior Designer for several local civil engineering firms while producing art in his free time. He also operated a home-based business that specialized in custom home designs for local contractors and private home builders, and general drafting and design services.
Beginning in 1993, Bob had the distinct pleasure of working closely with well known and celebrated Mississippi Coast artist and wildlife painter Marty Wilson, where he worked as an artist and a framer/glazier at the ART-FX Studio/Gallery. This gallery specialized in Museum quality framing and Art restoration.Some of his artwork includes several hundred 'Pyrographic' works depicting local people, culture, and landmarks, such as the famous Biloxi Lighthouse. Most of these works are signed and numbered by the artist and no two are identical, making them very unique. They have sold in numerous Gulf Coast galleries including the George Ohr/O'Keefe Arts and Cultural Center in Biloxi.
Following the events of Hurricane Katrina and personal losses, he relocated to Woodstock,Georgia in 2007 where he continues to produce artwork by custom orders and online sales venues.
Other previous projects include :
* Various pen and inks and water color works
* Portraits in colored pencil and charcoal
* Woodburned (pyrograghic) works of people,wildlife,landscapes,and historical architechtural landmarks.
* Cover illustrations for several Gulf Coast publications
* Silk screen artwork and color separations for a Gulf Coast printers.
* A commission for the U.S. Department of Agriculture for the design and development of a Southeastern Regional Map of the United States.
To commission artwork or services of the type described, you may contact Bob at ( email@example.com ) and
please visit his website at Bob Renaud's STUDIO GRAFX (Google).