My blog includes more info about me and my work. Google “catherinetwomey.com”.
My work has appeared at TED (Technology, Education and Design) MED, on national television, in National Geographic as well as multiple museums and private collections. I am honored to have won numerous international competitions, including TED, The ArtInPlace mural competition, The American Horse Publications Annual Awards among many others.
Currently my work is represented at Mud Dauber Gallery in Virginia. I recently was invited to join an Art Collective and will be presenting a one person show in the spring of 2014. I am thrilled to be combining a love of painting and sculpture, with landscapes/travelscapes and animals (horses) a primary focus. It has also been very exciting to write and teach on my blog at catherinetwomey.com, which has been visited by thousands of readers.
My talented family has supported me greatly as I move from the role of medical illustrator to that of fine artist. My technical background began when I was accepted into and trained by the prestigious and exclusive Biocommunication Arts program at the University of Illinois. This groundbreaking program supplied superb instruction and an unsurpassed foundation of draftsmanship, communication skills and problem solving abilities.
A Master’s In Education assures that my teaching is everything the student of art needs. I am available for
private mentoring, either personally or online.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
• One Person Show, Mud Dauber Pottery, Earlysville, Virginia, Oct. 2012 - Jan. 2013
• TED Conference: invitation to the medical division, TEDMED (Technology, Information & Design) (http://www.ted.com) as a participant, San Diego, California, 2012
• Winner of the 2010 ArtInPlace Mural Competition (http://www.artinplace.org) Charlottesville, Virginia; on display at Barracks Road, Charlottesville, 12 X 24' on Aluminum
• Fellow of the Association of Medical Illustrators (FAMI), 2009 • Exhibition at the William H. Benton Art Museum, Connecticut
• Winner of the American Horse Publications Annual Awards, First Place in Illustration for 'Da Vinci Horse'
• Exclusive medical illustrator for Roche Pharmaceuticals interactive multimedia program, OTIS: Organ Transplant Information Systems –Award-winning program distributed worldwide for heart, lungs, liver and additional transplant patient education
• Accepted into League of Milwaukee Artists, 2005, juried