Spiritually uplifting masterpieces by Faraz Khan. To PURCHASE MODERN ISLAMIC ART by Faraz Khan click on the images below.
The Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/engy-abdelkader/american-muslims-in-the-arts-part-1_b_1832168.html#es_share_ended
People who appreciate Islamic Art recognize the creative nature of the artist, an individual who fuses colors, lines, and words together to touch our hearts and beautify our visual experience. It is this beauty that art collectors appreciate about modern Islamic art that over 150 works of Faraz from as little as $35 to $12,000 in 2010 have found a new home. Faraz has partnered with Zaytuna College, Islamic Chaplaincy at Rutgers University, Princeton University, Agha Khan Foundation, Islamic Relief, Al-Shifa Foundation, Islamic Society of Central Jersey, Noor-Ul-Iman School, NJ, Islamic Center of Rockland, NY, and other organizations to endorse the idea that ART and FAITH can inspire individuals.
For an onsite art presentation or to order originals (framed/canvas) for a bargain price, please contact the artist directly via email - Burraaq [at]gmail.com - scroll down to read more.
Past Presentations & Art Auctions:
- Witherspoon Institute: cover design for Islam & Pluralism Project, Princeton, NJ
- Unity Production Foundation: Islamic Art & Calligraphy debut for Muslim Heroes & Islamic Art. Monroe, NJ. May 5, 2012.
- Princeton University: Class & Group Project - Murray Dodge Hall Arch. Sep - Dec, 2011
- Wesleyan University workshop, Middletown, Conn., Dec. 3, 2011
- ICNA Convention: '4 Ways to Become a Better Artist' by Faraz Khan. Hartford, Conn., May 29, 2011.
- Zaytuna College, art auction to benefit Zaytuna College (Imam Zaid Shakir and Shaykh Hamza Yusuf event in New Brunswick, NJ) May 22.
- Princeton University, art presented to Dr. Eric Gregory, Paul Raushenbaum, and Dr. Tariq Ramadan
- Rutgers University, art presented to Eric Davis and Dr. Tariq Ramadan by Arab Students
- Artwork featured in Nigaah Magazine, Arts & Culture from South Asia, January 2011. http://www.nigaahart.com/emerging-artist.asp
- Cordoba, Islamic Art Display, December 5, 2010, Rockland County, NY
- ICNA Convention, Islamic Art Display May 28�30, 2010, Hartford, Conn.
- Islamic Art presentation on December 11, 2009 at New Destiny Center, New Brunswick, NJ
- Islamic Art Gallery, December 10, 2009 - invite only - Lawrenceville, NJ
- Summer Program on Art History & Islamic Art for local high school students 2009, Princeton University
- Arabic Calligraphy on Family Day, May 17, 2008 Princeton University Art Museum
- Arabic Calligraphy & Role of Islamic Art April 15, 2008 Rutgers University
- Recognizing the Six Major Styles of Arabic Calligraphy, July 13, 2007 New York University
- Arabic Calligraphy at Souk Festival, May 13, 2007, Princeton University