Artist – K.O. Simms fine arts 302-761-0028
527 East 9th Street, Wilmington, DE 19801 email@example.com
An artist with exceptional experience in the disciplines of watercolors, acrylics, pen & inks, and pastels. Developed from over two decades of on the scene drawing and painting of landscapes, cityscapes, and figure drawing/portraits throughout the Atlantic Coastal Region. A designer of graphic communication with knowledge of media applications such as television and movie production. Teaching approaches absorbed by children and adults alike, reflect the ability to simplify understanding. Communication strengths are made easy, and adaptable for any age level. Artistic progressions under the tutelage of K.O. Simms are enhanced with comfort and sensitivity, accompanying the transfer of knowledge that has proven to be very lasting in every stage of advancement.
Interests and Activities
• Tutored Georgia State University students in composition, shading and college studies. Instructed and inspired members of Bridgeville Senior Center with basic drawing and color applications. Georgia Southwest Montessori school exhibit and art demonstrations. Designed and illustrated a year book for Georgia Elementary School. Art lectures with themes and demonstrations at Harrisburg Technical Community College.
• Construct art programs for ages 6-18 year old club members. Develop programs to foster self esteem and problem solving skills through creativity. Integrated instructional programs in the way of fine arts to include promotional contests for recognition of growth. Promote the understanding of art and its relativity of math and science essentials to artistic applications.
• Plan and coordinate arts and craft activities for resident seniors. Design greeting cards, posters and seasonal holiday window paintings.
• Tutor courses in basic drawing level for children and adults. Perspective drawing for beginners to the most advanced. Pen and ink drawings for all ages.
• Worked with project program site to provide instruction for children with art related to projects with an African theme to the passage rights theory and others with general art.
Art Interior Muralist / Instructor
• Designed and administered historical city memoirs as wall murals for on the lobby entrance and reception areas. Daily class instruction for the basic drawing, acrylic applications of pastille knife and brushstroke relationships in picture painting.
Art Director 1997 – 2003
• Western Sussex B&G’s Club, Seaford, DE (National Fine Arts Contest Winner – 1998)
• Greater Milford, Boys & Girls Club, Milford, DE (National Fine Arts Contest Winner – 1999)
• Wesley College Dover Boys & Girls Club (National Fine Arts Contest Winner)
• Jackson Street Boys & Girls Club, Wilmington, DE (National Fine Arts Contest Winners)
• Brader Elementary Boys & Girls Club, Summer Arts Program – 2003
• Delaware Health and Social Services Office of Lead Prevention Planning Committee – 1998-2003
• Kwanis International Capital District Division Seven
Senior Centers Art Instructor
• 1997-2000 Milford Senior Center, Milford, DE Art Instructor, Wall Muralist
• 1998-2000 Nanitcoke Senior Center, Seaford, DE Art Instructor/Holiday Window Paintings
• 1999-2000 Bridgeville Senior Center, Bridgeville, DE Art Instructor
• 1999-2000 Genesis Elder Care, Milford, DE Art Instructor
• 2003 – Delaware Center for Contemperary Arts Summer Camp, Wilmington, DE Art Instructor
• Michaels Arts and Crafts Store, Newark, DE Art Instructor
• 200-2005 Corbit Calloway Memorial Library, Odessa, DE Art Instructor/Adults and children’s evening and weekend classes Summer Art Camp (MOT)
• 2005 Latin Community Center Wilmington, DE Art Wall Mural Panel project: Tall Ships to America
• 1993-1996 Project Excellence Emory Univ. Rolling School for Public Health Atlanta, GA Art Instructor
• 1997-1999 Dover Art League Dover, DE Art Instructor
• 2001-2003 Human Services, Inc. Wilmington, DE Art Instructor/Pre-K to 6th grade after school programs/Summer Camps/Gypsy Summer Project with Slovakia
• 2004-2005 Early Childhood Education Arts Academy-Christiana Cultural Arts Wilmington, DE Art Instructor
• 2004-2005 Kuumba Academy Charter School Wilmington, DE Art Instructor/Teacher/Bus Aide
Commercial Art I Delcastle VoTech High School, Delaware 1975
Commercial Art II University of Delaware 1987
Professional Illustration Techniques University of Delaware 1987
Mr. Simms’ works have become part of the collections of many corporations, private businesses and the public at large. They’ve been used as gifts, greeting cards, and cover illustrations. One of his most requested and favorite pieces are the pen and the ink of Wilmington Train Stations. Commissions are as natural as the interest that is generated by his exhibits.
International collectors appreciation and enthusiasm have been bestowed abroad by Royalties King Carl XVI Gustaf, and Queen Silvia, National by Tony Award nominee Brock Peters and the Ambassador of Slovak Republic: Dr. Martin Butora
Solo Exhibits Group Shows
Town Wharf/Art Loop
(Wilmington Art Comm.) Hotel Du Pont Delaware’s Best Artist Show (Cerebral Palsy Foundation) Wilmington Flower Market
Grand Opera House Hotel DuPont
(Limited Edition Menu for Green Room) Univ. & Whist Club (Hardcastle’s Gallery) Univ. of DE, Rehoboth (Exhibited Lewes, DE)
Univ. of DE/Goodstay Cntr (portfolio presentation) Shipley Grill / Art Loop Hagley Museum/Artists in Action Cavaliers County Atrium, Atlanta, GA Government. Offices
Rodney Square Club (Commission works) Newark DE Public Library Tastes of Wilmington (Big Shout Outdoor Mail Event) Christian Cultural Arts Center (Widener Univ.)
University of DE/Goodstay Cntr (lecture/portfolio presentation) Univ. of DE (Focus on Art Series) Radio Interview / Presentation DuPont Informations Systems Diversity inArt Exhibition
Other works can been seen on: kosimmsfinearts.gather.com and KoSimmsFineArts.artists.de