Colors have always attracted me and energized every mood and feeling within me. At early edge I could associate the depth of every emotion with various colors hence colors became the power of my expressions.
At the edge of ten, I started painting. Passion for colors and texture grew with every stroke. Cherishing this zeal, I studied at Sophia Polytechnic and achieved a merit in my Diploma in Textile Designing.
For more than a decade I enjoyed hand painting on silk fabric in vibrant acid dies
with Chimona Arts. It gave me an utter pleasure to see my work displayed in leading
garment houses like Amarsons, Benzor, Kala Niketan, Saagar, Indian States.
There has been a huge demand for my work in Indian Film Industry as well as in
international market of Dubai, US, London, Colombia, Spain, France and Hong Kong.
Working with texture on fabric for so long, the next step was to give outline to fabric. Hence,
I advanced towards Costume Designing. Obtaining the Diploma in Costume Designing
from IFA, I worked with channels like National and Sahyadri and also few ad films, providing
them with ethnic as well as western wear.
Canvas Painting happened, during my search for a different medium to explore my thoughts. Since then there is no looking back. Amongst the most popular styles that I paint, are the Indian deities in abstract form. In addition I also specialize in painting floral and wild-life.
Keeping the base as texture to give the alluring appeal, I venture through different shades of colors. Each day passes exploring the power of colors!!
- The Galleria Leela, Leela Palace Hotel, Mumbai, April 2009
- ZBL Gallery, Mumbai, May 2008
- WNS Art Gallery, Canvas Painting, Mumbai, September 2007
- Mumbai Art Gallery, Canvas Painting, Mumbai, September 2007
- Ray Art Gallery, Canvas Painting, Pune, September 2007
- Art Entrance, Canvas Painting, Mumbai, July 2007
- WNS Art Gallery, Canvas Painting, Mumbai, May 2007
- Aamrapali Collection, Nehru Centre, Ethnic Costume Collection, 2006
Awards: Costume Design
- Best Costume Designer, IFA
- Best student of the year, IFA
- M/s Geochemicals Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai ( Corporate house)
- Shri HARSHAVARDHAN PATIL
(Hon.Minister of Women & Chlid Welfare, Marketing & Parliamentary affairs).(private house)
- in various private collection in india & abroad