1. Self starter. Lives and breathes paint.
2. Enjoys working with other people's vision. ( The two heads theory).
3. Portrait painter, drawing and painting for 40 years
4. Workshops with Robert Wade, Gerold Brommer, Katherine Chang Liu, Judi Betts, Tom Owen,
Rita Derjue Zimmerman, Lorraine Danzo,Christiopher Schink, David Solomon, John Pitcher,
John Salminen and long term with Martha Mans, and Herman Raymond.
5. (2005) Involved with Humor is Healing and 'Ban Bare Bears project'.
6. Works with fabric, floral, watercolor, pastel, oil, acrylic, colored pencil,and graphite.
7. Built, splashed, glued and mixed as young whippersnapper with her brother in her dad's carpenter shop in Pueblo,Colorado. Hung by knees from tallest tree and yodeled.
8. Writes songs and poetry, and sews and knits just as her mom did. Sang harmony with mom.
9. Lived, learned, painted and worked in England, Scotland, Alaska, California, Texas and Colorado.
10. Thankful for my family of 5 and spouses, 11 grandkids, and of course I could not be me without the love and support of my hubby, Jim. He is a rock!
Motto: 'The day you no longer burn is the day others will die of cold.'
Past President of Pikes Peak Watercolor Society 2007 - 2008
A member of Pikes Peak w/c Society, Alaska W/C Society. Co- owner of Arati Artists Gallery.
Taught part time at Sheppard Arts Institute, CS, CO; the Sangre de Cristo Arts and Conference Center, Pueblo, CO; Girl Scouts, Life Care Center and my home for the past 13 years.
Juror at St. Paul Catholic Church and Tri-Lakes Center for the Arts.
Volunteer for Environment and Arts team at St. Paul Catholic Church in Colorado Springs, CO for 15 years.
Participant in Voice, Verse, Vision 2 years as “Art on the Fly”. 2 years. (Painting while a choir sings)
Demos for groups