Susan Perkins McNally, Ph.D., LMFT
My art conveys a heightened sense of reality. I want to share the awe that I feel when I see the natural world, and the creatures that inhabit it. My work is works of the heart, eye, and hand, and not what one could obtain in a photograph. I also explore the inner world of imagination in some of my pieces.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* In addition to her work in psychology, Dr. McNally has executed various jobs as a freelance artist, i.e. illustration, design, commissioned painting for interior decorator's clients, painted super graphic murals. She has sold her sculpture, paintings and drawings to private collectors in California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington state, and Texas.
* Exhibited at Gallery 34 and The Brick, Marysville, CA.
* Exhibited sculpture and paintings in California shows, including Barnsdall Park, Century City International Art Festival, and Riverside Art Center.
* Exhibited at the Creative Arts Center, Burbank, CA.
* Exhibited drawings, paintings and sculpture at the State Building, Van Nuys, CA.
* Dr. McNally has executed various jobs as a freelance artist, i.e. illustration, design, commissioned painting for interior decorator's clients, painted super graphic murals.
* Designed and named masthead for Bienvenidos Foster Family Agency Foster Parent Newsletter: Heartbeat
* Designed logos for Tiger Media, a software development company, and Saturday's Child, a gift boutique.
* Designed brochures for Glory Way Ministries, San Fernando Valley Child Abuse Council, Behavioral Health Services, and Desert Photo Workshop.
* Won Best of Class Award in Carl Heinz's Design Basics course at UCLA Extension Graphic Design Program
California State University, Northridge:
Bachelor Degree in Art 2-D
Sculpture Workshops with David and Linda Elder
Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology
Graphic Design Program
Otis Art Institute
Tyler School of Fine Art Temple University
International College, Westwood, Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology