Following graduation with a B.A. in fine art from Montclair State University in New Jersey, Tom has worked for 30 years as a graphic artist designing display advertising. He has, meanwhile, kept very busy sketching and painting thousands of people, pet and home portraits, caricatures and free-lance illustrations. Moreover, he was commissioned to illustrate two childrenís books by their author.
Tom has produced many award-winning paintings in watercolor, acrylic, oil, pastel, charcoal and pen & ink. He has been accepted as an exhibiting artist member of The Salmagundi Club, one of the oldest art organizations in the country, and has gratefully received a number of its awards. North East Watercolor Society and Audubon Artists have also prized Tomís work and awarded him with signature membership. He has further received awards from the Allied Artists of America, The American Artists Professional League, and others.
Currently, Tom works primarily in watercolor, conveying his response to subjects that evoke his feelings and interest. He sees art in everything around him.
Tom lives with his wife Bonnie in Westtown, NY, approximately 70 miles west of NYC in part of the beautiful Hudson Valley. They have three children and one grandchild.
'Abby' will be included in the upcoming 'Splash 16', the latest installment in the popular 'Splash' series of watercolor books.
Allied Artists of America; Annual Exhibition, 2010, 2011
* Mary Lou Fitzgerald Memorial Award, 2011
American Artists Professional League; Grand National Exhibition, 2010, 2011, 2013
* Claude Parsons Memorial Award in Watercolor, 2010
Audubon Artists; Annual Exhibition 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
* Hon John M. Angelini Award in Watercolor, 2010
Hudson Valley Art Association; International Exhibition 2011
North East Watercolor Society; International Exhibition 2011, 2012, 2013 Memberís Exhibition 2012, 2013
* Best in Show, Memberís Exhibition, 2012
Richeson 75 International Wildlife Competition, 2012
Ridgewood Art Institute; Annual Regional Open Juried Show, 2011, 2012, 2013
Ringwood Manor Association of the Arts; Annual Fall Open Exhibition, 2010, 2011, 2012
* First Place in Water Media, 2010 * Winnerís Circle Exhibition, 2011
* Third Place in Water Media, 2011
* Second Place in Water Media, 2012
* First Place in Water Media, 2013
Warwick Valley Telephone Company Directory Cover Competition
* First Place, 2011
Watercolor USA, Springfield Art Museum, Springfield, MO, 2012
Salmagundi Club New York
Non-Members Exhibition, 2007
* Certificate of Merit in Watercolor
Annual Members Exhibition, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012
* Margery Soroka Memorial Award, 2008
* Samuel Leitman Memorial Award, 2010
Annual Summer Exhibition, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Annual Black & White Exhibition, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Presidentís ďBest of the BestĒ Watercolor Exhibition 2011
* 1st SCNY Prize
Over 20 Theme and Auction Exhibitions, 2008-2013
* Certificate of Merit in Watercolor, August 2008 and October 2008
* Richard Ochs Memorial Award for Watercolor, March 2009
* Mortimer E. Freehof Memorial Award in Watercolor, October 2010 and October 2012