Edit My Art v. 2021.10
This contest is open to all FAA artists and members.
Just select something found ANYWHERE in my ONLY A FINE DAY images or collections and modify it, however you want.
Reference site: https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/only-a-fine-day
Live link located in the discussions tab.
Additional detail available in the contest discussion section as well.
You should post your image, your source image, and process notes there too. (i.e. a before and after shot using Embed codes and technical means used).
Be inspired. Be creative.
Draw it, paint it, modify it, collage it, deconstruct it, blend it, whatever and however you are moved.
I'm pretty flexible on what you do as long as I can recognize that you started with MY art.
If you distort it beyond recognition, you definitely need to tell me what you did in the discussion tab, or risk deletion.
Be warned: Parameters are specific.
Follow the rules to qualify.
Because this contest happens in real time, it will run two weeks for submissions with a one week voting phase.
With a minimum of 20 valid qualified submissions, I will choose one from which to purchase a product. My choice. Could be from someone with the most votes or it could just be one of my favorites (juried). Every valid, qualified submission will have an equal chance to win, but I will give extra consideration to those posting the side-by-side before and after shots.
Naturally, my submissions do not count towards the twenty.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Now The ALL-IMPORTANT RULES**:
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THESE RULES:
1. BEGIN by selecting ANY of my images. If the image is in my portfolio, it's fair game.
2. EDIT that image or combination of images. Any style. Any medium.
3. * IMPORTANT: Finished works MUST HAVE referenced material listed (name of original work referenced).
4. * IMPORTANT: Include this copyright release statement IN YOUR DESCRIPTION: Used by permission of Only A Fine Day.
5. Include the date you completed the work in the description, on the work itself, or via the upload date.
(PERMISSION to modify EXPIRES ON October 24, 2021); however, once made and notated, the resulting image is yours although it MUST retain proper credit and notations (Rule 3 and Rule 4).
6. Upload date MUST be on or after October 09, 2021, during the contest.
Exception: Those who entered a previous ONLY A FINE DAY EDIT MY ART CONTEST with an image that DID NOT WIN A FIRST PLACE STATUS, you are good to try again with that image, if you choose to do so.
7. (OPTIONAL: Select a SECOND IMAGE and repeat , or do a second version of the same image.)
8. OPTIONAL BUT HIGHLY ENCOURAGED: GO TO THE DISCUSSION TAB AND DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE AND/OR TECHNIQUE RELATING TO YOUR REVISION WORK. Post the original work plus your version of it. Bonus points from me toward a purchase reward if this contest generates at least 20 valid submissions, not counting my 2 submissions.
* Rules 3 & 4 are important to avoid plagiarism and to activate Fair Use.
**Any artwork uploaded before October 09, 2021, will be removed from the contest, except as provided in Rule 6.
**Any artwork that is not rooted in one of my images, will definitely be removed from the contest.
**And of course, any artwork that does not comply with the rules will be removed from the contest.
Example of a possible selection.
I'll enter a couple versions of this give you an idea.
(see contest discussions)
Looking forward to seeing what YOU do with MY artwork.
HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK!