This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
We are now in Phase 2 of the voting. The leaderboard has only 3 to 11 votes separating first place from the next 10 closest competitors. You can easily help us make the best decision regarding the logo for our group – VOTE!
FYI, here is a SHORT CUT to avoid reading the rules. REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A THUMBNAIL THAT GRABS YOU!
1. Go to the contest
2. Look at the top several images on the leaderboard
3. Click on the two or three you think should win.
4. The click will take you to the voting page
5. Click on the “Vote for this Image” box
6. Click on the leaderboard box and repeat.
If you have used all 10 of your votes, you can go back to one or more of your votes that doesn't have a chance of winning, cancel it then re-vote for something near the top of the leaderboard.
For more detailed instructions, please continue reading.
Hello contest members and thank you for contributing to our search for a logo. I have special rules for this contest because the goal is to select a “logo”, not an outstanding work of art. A logo is a graphic mark, emblem, or symbol used to aid and promote public identification and recognition. When someone sees our logo, we want them to immediately identify with the concept of Flower Mania.
SPECIAL RULES REGARDING VOTING: Please remember that this is a vote for a logo. The image will never be seen except as a thumbnail. Don’t vote in the usual way; you are looking for the most striking thumbnail.
PHASE 1 – vote as early as possible.
Make your voting decisions based on how the THUMBNAIL looks. Accordingly, please follow the steps below and start voting as early as possible.
1. Start with IMAGES page # 1. Identify the image that REALLY GRABS YOU and click on it. This will take you to the voting page. Click on VOTE FOR THIS IMAGE. Don’t even look at the image - you are voting for the thumbnail. (If you are planning to make a purchase, please make that decision separately from the voting process.) If nothing really grabs you, save your vote for phase 2.
2. Go to IMAGES page #2, and so on, repeating the process above. This concludes phase 1.
PHASE 2 – vote again after the leaderboard settles on the best of several images
This phase is to more precisely select the winning image. How many times have you looked at the top votes on the leaderboard and felt that any one of the top five could win but if it was left up to you, it may be one that is currently not the top one. Here is your chance to influence that.
Vote for one or more of those near the top of the leaderboard. Remember, you can still only cast one vote for any specific image, so this phase can not “stuff the ballot box”; it just reminds you that you have an opportunity to vote for one of those images that has a chance of winning. Continue voting until a clear leader emerges. This concludes phase 2.
I will monitor the leaderboard often and send you an email at the end of the contest, telling you how this process influenced the outcome.
Boyd Carter, Administrator
1. This contest is to choose the logo for the Flower Mania group.
2. Only members of the Flower Mania group may submit images.
3. At the time of submission, your entry must reside in the Flower Mania group.
4. If you are a member, please be certain that the images you submit have already been accepted into the group. If you are not sure, please resubmit to the group then to the contest.
5. If you are not a member and wish to participate, please join the group, submit your images to the group then to the contest.
6. Please be aware that I will test the winner’s submission to be certain it is already in the Flower Mania group and that you are currently a member of the group.
7. Please submit only those images that you believe best represent the spirit of the group.
8. The contest leaderboard will determine the winner.
Each participant may submit 2 images.
1) You must be a member of FineArtAmerica.com in order to cast votes in this contest. Your account must have been active at least 30 days prior to the start of the contest in order to vote.
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for a total of 10 different images... but again, only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Sunday, November 25th, 2018 - 5:34 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins
Sunday, December 2nd, 2018 - 5:34 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded
Sunday, December 9th, 2018 - 5:34 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States)
Friday, December 14th, 2018 - 11:43 PM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes:
The winning image becomes the logo of the Flower Mania group
Join the Contest
Click here to submit your artwork to this contest.