This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
What is it?
Essentially, the Orton Effect gently blurs your image to give a dream-like quality. It is commonly used among landscape photographers and was previously a fairly popular process in portrait photography. Perhaps easy to overuse? You may judge for yourself from the example here or do further research.
1. Three photographs per member.
2. Landscape image or portrait photo suggested but not a requirement.
3. Digital alternations encouraged!
The contest is just for fun. Learning a new technique is your prize.
Each participant may submit 3 images.
1) You must be a member of FineArtAmerica.com in order to cast votes in this contest. Your account must have been active at least 30 days prior to the start of the contest in order to vote.
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for as many images as you like... but only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Wednesday, March 31st, 2021 - 10:35 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins
Monday, April 5th, 2021 - 10:35 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded
Thursday, April 8th, 2021 - 10:35 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States)
Sunday, April 18th, 2021 - 11:03 PM
This contest is just for fun. The prize is knowing that you won... and hopefully introducing someone new to your artwork!
Join the Contest
Click here to submit your artwork to this contest.