This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
Welcome to the latest contest sponsored by Wild Birds Of The World - A Nature Photography Group! You do not need to be a member of the group to enter, but our group rules will apply. And, we really want to encourage you to check our group out to consider joining a great group of people and nature photographers!
This contest features wild birds that are not perched on natural perches like trees, rocks, the ground, branches or in the water. The perch should be unusual.
Some good examples: Perched on a mailbox, on a vehicle, on a fence, on a post, on an antenna or cell tower, birds on other animals (Cattle Egret on a cow, for example), falcons on city skyscrapers.
Examples I do NOT want: Mating birds, baby birds riding a parent, perched on a snag (dead and/or broken), on a bird house or bird bath.
1. The admin has the right and will remove all images that do not meet the theme or the rest of these rules. And I do not hesitate.
2. You must fully identify the species shown. You cannot just describe it as a Wren, hawk, egret, gull, dove, etc. What kind of wren, hawk, gull or dove is it? There are many easy ways online to look up your bird. Or, you can e-mail me and I'll be glad to help.
3. The image must be a nature photograph of wild birds. They are not zoo birds, or kept birds (including falconry). Nature images are natural. They do not have false backgrounds, fancy effects, textures or painting added. The birds are clearly visible and not silhouettes. No bird feeders. Since many birds have dwelt in communion with humans, ruling out urban images would be unfair. The image must be a photograph.
4. Do NOT promote your entries in this contest in other groups, via e-mail or in self-promotion groups here on FAA. If I hear of it or find it, the image, no matter how good, will be removed.
Play nice and play it right and we look forward to your entries and wish you the best!
Each participant may submit 1 image.
1) You must be a member of FineArtAmerica.com in order to cast votes in this contest. Your account must have been active at least 30 days prior to the start of the contest in order to vote.
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for as many images as you like... but only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Friday, October 4th, 2019 - 6:44 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins
Thursday, October 10th, 2019 - 6:44 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded
Sunday, October 13th, 2019 - 6:44 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States)
Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019 - 1:37 AM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes:
Join the Contest
Click here to submit your artwork to this contest.