Sturgeon Point Lighthouse was built in 1853 , located in the Tawas point State park off Tawas bay in lake Huron in Baldwin Township in Northern Michigan. the Sturgeon Point Lighthouse was built for $5,000 in 1852, due to shifting sands and a outdated lens a Fifth order Fresnel Lens. The Sturgeon Point Lighthouse was updated with a new Lens a Fourth order Fresnel Lens and renovations to lighthouse building and is operational currently to this day.
Sturgeon point Lighthouse is in a beautiful location for Sunrise photos and art work and watching the big ships sail by on Lake Huron.
April 23rd, 2017
Viewed 120 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 07/03/2019 at 4:12 PM