Ader telephone station. Historical illustration of the wiring and apparatus used for a telephone station, as developed by French engineer Clement Ader (1841-1925). The design includes a transmitter (pad at centre), two receivers (earphones on hooks at left and right), batteries (lower centre), and an electric bell (top centre). The telephone was developed in the 1870s, with several inventors pioneering the technology. Artwork from 'Electricite' (1911) by Max de Nansouty, part of the 'Les merveilles de la science' series of 1867-1891 by Louis Figuier.
July 24th, 2016
Viewed 12 Times - Last Visitor from Fairfield, CT on 03/01/2019 at 4:52 AM