General John Bidwell began building this house for the love of his life, Annie, in 1865. The mansion, built on 26,000 acres and called Rancho Arroyo, boasted 26 rooms complete with modern plumbing, gas lighting and water systems. Eventually the Bidwell's deeded over the mansion and acreage to California State University, Chico and also deeded over 2,238 acres to become Bidwell Park.
February 2nd, 2013
Viewed 420 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 10/11/2020 at 6:35 PM