The village of Castelnau-de-Montmiral was founded as an albigensian bastide (fortified new town) in 1222 by Raymond VII, count of Toulouse, under the name “Castellum Novum Montis Mirabilis”. It is located along the crest of a hill above the Vère river valley. The central square in the town - the Place des Arcades, is largely surrounded by medieval houses with their impressive original arcades on the ground floor.
February 12th, 2019
Viewed 37 Times - Last Visitor from Solon, OH on 07/08/2019 at 8:11 AM