The Covered Bridge (originally called Red Bridge) in Cedarburg, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin, United States, is one of the last remaining covered bridges in that state, which once had about 40 covered bridges. Built in 1876 to cross Cedar Creek, the bridge is 120 feet (37 m) long and is made of pine with oak lattices. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973 and is now used only for pedestrian traffic.
The bridge was built in 1876, the result of a petition by area farmers. It was constructed to serve as a permanent replacement for previous bridges that had washed out on various occasions. In 1927, an abutment was added under the center of the bridge to support heavier vehicle traffic, such as cars and trucks, which were not present at the time of the original construction.
(C) Copyright Ricky L.Jones Photography 1995-2015 All rights reserved.
December 15th, 2015
Viewed 483 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 10/16/2019 at 4:20 AM