Here is Engine Company No. 2 on South Main Street in Providence, Rhode Island. The rear wagon, drawn by three horses, carried a Metropolitan Piston Engine and was put into service on May 1, 1905.
To the left is equipment built in 1902. Two horses pulled a wagon fitted with "rubber tires and roller-bearing axels." Originally put into service on June 15, 1892, the wagon carried 800 feet of 2 1/2" hose.
The company had "1 Captain, 1 Lieutenant, 5 hose-men, 1 Engine-man, 1 Assistant Engine-man, 1 Engine-driver, and 1 Hose-driver."
The detailed building today houses a Thai restaurant and some other professional service companies.