After I finished painting this surrealistic watercolor I was reminded that grace is all around us and shows up in the most unexpected places. So often it's displayed through the lives of the most unlikely people, and comes free of charge to people who don't deserve it.
I feel sure that Jesus must have been aware of our gut level resistance to grace because He talked about it a lot in parables without hardly ever using the word. He saw grace everywhere. His Father's world was a place where the sun shines on those who acknowledge Him and those who don't.
On the other hand, because we are so accustomed to finding a catch in every promise, it is sometimes hard for us to believe that Jesus' stories of extravagant grace included no catch phrase that would disqualify people like you and me from receiving God's love.
God didn't wait for us to come to Him. He became a Man and came looking for us. He came looking for the sick, not the well. He came for the unrighteous, not the righteous. He came for those who betrayed him... like the disciples... like you and I... and His response is always like that of a lovesick father. He rejoices when one of His "real" kids repents and returns home.
Jesus is GRACE. He made the first move by coming to this world. And in spite of the fact that we live in a world of sin, it can never disrupt the flow of God's grace. For grace does not depend on what we have done for God, but rather what God has already done for us!
God is grace. God is the One who loves.♥ As we drink from the Living Water our roots will grow deep in Him, and our lives will reflect the colors of His grace.♥
FEATURED IN FOLLOWING FAA GROUPS:
* The World We See Group
* 500 Views
* This Way Arts
* Christian Theme Artwork
* Greeting Cards for All Occasions
* Weekly Fun for All Mediums
* Images That Excite You
* Water life
* Emotive Art
PLACEMENT IN FAA CONTESTS:
* Won 2nd place in FAA contest "Your Best Imaginative Artworks"
* Top Finisher in FAA contest "Your Best Watercolor"
* Won 3rd place in "Landscape Paintings" contest 3/26/16
* Top Finisher in "Dreamscape" contest 8/21/16
* Top Finisher in "Waterworld" contest 10/20/16
* Top Finisher in "Puzzles Challenging" contest 1/1/17
* Top Finisher in "ALLEGORY the visual story teller" contest 2/9/17
* Top Finisher in the "River" contest 5/11/17
* Top Finisher in "Colorful Landscape" contest 5/25/17
* Won 2nd place in "Semi-abstract handmade landscapes" contest 1/27/18
June 11th, 2013
Viewed 813 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 02/26/2019 at 4:24 PM