This is the beginning of the tracks of the first train station of Tel Aviv that was built at 1892 which leads to one place only - to Jerusalem. The station is located at Neveh Tzedek neighborhood and is not active anymore. This is a view of the station with the set on tracks passenger wagon, the station buildings and some city new skyscrapers in the horizon.
This first historic railway station was built at 1892 and its located just off Neve Tzedek, at the junction where Tel Aviv dissolves into Jaffa. One hundred years ago the main purpose of this station was to serve pilgrims from all over the world who were on their journey to the holy city of Jerusalem.
The station was abandoned many years but had gone lately through a serious renovation process and now serves as a recreational site packed with cafes, bars and fashion boutiques. This place is called today - HaTachana.
The station is located near Jaffa and Neveh Tzedek neighborhood which is one of the first neighborhoods of Tel Aviv and has lots of charm and magic. It is almost like a small village, with a walking distance to the beach and to the shoreline, but also a walking distance to the business center of Tel Aviv and to beautiful Rothschild boulevard.
As of today, the Tel Aviv central train station is located in a new location, and this old station site serves as a memory for the first days of the city.
December 3rd, 2012
Viewed 1,650 Times - Last Visitor from Warrington, P2 - United Kingdom on 08/05/2022 at 7:07 PM