The old Humble Oils service station in San Saba, TX, stands at the corner of US 190 and FM 1301 on Courthouse Square. The small brick station was built in the early 1930s, just a few years after Texas designated the state highway 74--one of the Lone Star State's original designated state highways. TX 74 was improved and upgraded in 1937 and re-designated as US Highway 190.
Humble Oil & Refining Company was established in 1911 at Humble, Texas. The company later moved its headquarters to Houston. In 1959 Standard Oil of New jersey acquired Humble, and in 1973 the company consolidated as Exxon USA.
A few visual reminders of Humble Oil's past remain scattered about the Lone Star State.
FAA Featured Image:
March 25th, 2016
Viewed 1,779 Times - Last Visitor from Cupertino, CA on 08/11/2019 at 10:37 AM