I could not resist the fresh beautiful bloom of this Indigo violet Iris in bright sunny day in May 2013
Irises are perennial plants, growing from creeping rhizomes (rhizomatous irises) or, in drier climates, from bulbs (bulbous irises). They have long, erect flowering stems which may be simple or branched, solid or hollow, and flattened or have a circular cross-section. The rhizomatous species usually have 3 -10 basal sword-shaped leaves growing in dense clumps. The bulbous species have cylindrical, basal leaves. It takes its name from the Greek word for a rainbow, referring to the wide variety of flower colors found among the many species. From Wikipedia - Online Encyclopedia
The FAA watermark will not appear on the shipped products.
FEATURED IN GROUPS
- Premium FAA Artists, 10/07/2014
- Wisconsin Flowers and Scenery, 10/06/2014
- Nature and Landscape, 08/16/2013
- Artists News Group, 08/12/2013
- Motivation Meditation Inspiration Group, 08/11/2013
- Nature Photography 1 Per Da...