• First artist since 1959 to publicly exhibit a caricature of Fidel Castro and Raúl Castro in Cuba after the Revolution Triumph, Havana, Cuba, 1993.
• Founder of “Pandemonium”, first Cuban erotic caricature contest, Havana, Cuba, 1994.
• Multiple first prize international awards for caricature, 1992-2004; selected as top 100 caricaturists in the world, Castel Gandolfo, Italy, 2003.
• Prize-winning poet & short-story writer
• Founder & Editor of Cañasanta, first bi-weekly Latin American arts and culture on-line magazine edited in North America, Toronto, Ontario, est. 2005.
• Contributor (articles & illustrations), Toronto Life magazine, Playboy...