A latte stone is a stone pillar used for building supports by the ancient Chamorro people. They were built from 1100-1700 AD. Latte Stone can range from less than 1 meter to 6 meters. The latte stone quickly fell out of use after the visit by Ferninand Magellan in 1521 and the Spanish colonization. They are found throughout most of the Mariana Islands. These days they are a sign Chamorro identity and used in many contexts.
August 29th, 2010
Viewed 945 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 05/19/2019 at 12:30 PM