A network of narrow lanes conects Commercial Street with Hillhead. The lanes were generally called closses, and were first named after those who developed them. In 1845, the Police Commissioners renamed many, using names from contemporary political events, like "Fox", "Pitt" and "Reform". Also names from Sir Walter Scott's fictions were used, like "Pirate Lane". This photo has enhanced with Fractalius application.
December 22nd, 2011
Viewed 93 Times - Last Visitor from Fairfield, CT on 01/17/2019 at 3:28 PM