- Our 4-Legged Friends, 03/17/2015
- Images That Excite You, 03/16/2015
- Google Gallery, 03/16/2015
- 3 A Day AAA Images, 03/14/2015
- Artists Best Five Artwork, 03/13/2015
- Macro Marvels, 03/12/2015
- Seasons of Beauty Group, 01/26/2013
- Stop Time with Art Group, 01/20/2013
- Nature From Around The World Group, 01/18/2013
Lizards are part of a group of animals known as reptiles. They are most closely related to snakes. In fact, some lizards, called sheltopusiks, look like snakes because they have no legs! Many lizards today resemble the ancient reptiles of the dinosaur era. Their ancestors appeared on Earth over 200 million years ago.
In general, lizards have a small head, short neck, and long body and tail. Unlike snakes, most lizards have moveable eyelids. There are currently over 4,675 lizard species, including iguanas, chameleons, geckos, Gila monsters, monitors, and skinks.
©2012 Lingfai Leung