The Durham and South Carolina RR (D&SC) began construction in the New Hope valley in September of 1905 and was completed in October 1906. The line followed the New Hope River basin passing the communities of Seaforth, Farrington and others, until it joined the Durham and Southern RR, and again the Seaboard Air Line RR, in East Durham, using their track to reach downtown Durham. As of late 2003, Durham has constructed almost eight miles of paved greenway on the former RR corridor. Wake County has constructed 3.75 miles of granite-screenings -surfaced trail open to hikers, cyclists, wheelchair users, and equestrians.
November 4th, 2015
Viewed 14 Times - Last Visitor from Shenzhen, 30 - China on 01/29/2020 at 3:50 AM