Miners Sanctuary, an infrared photo made while visiting Eckley Miners Village, near White Haven PA. Village was built in 1854. A coal town or sometimes called Patch Town was a planned community meant to serve the workers needs that included housing, medical care, store and church.
These men and boys working in anthracite coal mines were a large part of the industrial revolution.
Hard, dangerous life, religion and the church provided a sanctuary.
The ground on which this church stands saw several denominations and buildings prior to this church, St Paul's was donated to the state by its congregation.
December 9th, 2020
Viewed 57 Times - Last Visitor from Shenzhen, 30 - China on 01/17/2021 at 8:41 PM