Norwegian Lutheran Church, Grytviken, South Georgia.
Grytviken (Swedish for "The Pot Cove") is the principal settlement in the British territory of South Georgia in the South Atlantic. It was so named in 1902 by the Swedish surveyor Johan Gunnar Andersson who found old English try pots used to render seal oil at the site. It is the best harbor on the island, consisting of a bay (King Edward Cove) within a bay (Cumberland East Bay). The site is quite sheltered, provides a substantial area of flat land suitable for building, and has a good supply of fresh water.
October 26th, 2013
Viewed 717 Times - Last Visitor from Fairfield, CT on 03/09/2019 at 1:42 AM