The entrance of RAF Carew Cheriton in Carew, Pembrokeshire. Also known as RNAS Pembroke or Milton the base was originally opened in 1915 and operated non-rigid airships until 1917 when it operated Sopwith 1½ Strutter and Airco DH6 biplanes. The site closed in 1920. The base was recommissioned in 1938 and used as a support base for the flying boat operations at RAF Pembroke. In 1942 it became a training camp for aircrew wireless operators before finally closing in 1945. This image is a composite with a sky replacement in Photoshop.
March 14th, 2021
Viewed 38 Times - Last Visitor from Fairfield, CT on 09/25/2021 at 12:26 AM