The Old Sheldon Church Ruins is a historical site located in Beaufort County, South Carolina. It is about 17 miles north of Beaufort in the Sheldon area. Also known as Old Sheldon Church, the building was originallycalled Prince William's Parish Church. The church was built as a chapel of ease in the English Georgian style, using the Roman Tuscan or Doric order, between 1745 and 1753. The ruins lie among majestic oaks and scattered graves. Inside the ruins of the church lie the remains of Colonel William Bull, who "greatly assisted General Oglethorpe in establishing the physical layout of Savannah, Georgia.
July 6th, 2019
Viewed 87 Times - Last Visitor from Munich, 02 - Germany on 11/10/2019 at 4:41 PM