The Texas Theater, home of Palestine Community Theater, is the crown jewel of downtown Palestine and the finest venue for live entertainment in East Texas.
The Texas Theater opened in 1921 on Crawford Street, primarily as a vaudeville house. It was designed in a Spanish Colonial style. In 1930 it was remodeled in an Atmospheric / Italian Renaissance style by architect W. Scott Dunne. From the 1940's into the 1960's, the Texas Theater served as a movie house.
After two devastating fires, and a host of closings and re-openings, the Texas Theater has been reborn to its new purpose - live theater.
Original photography by Elena Nosyreva, digitally enhanced with textures.
� All copyrights reserved by Elena Nosyreva, 2013
June 26th, 2013
Viewed 1,577 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 06/20/2019 at 4:05 PM