Texas State Railroad #500 built in 1911 by Baldwin Locomotive Works. The Pacific Type 4-6-2 steam engine ran as part of the Santa Fe line and in 1954 was retired to the Fort Concho Museum in San Angelo, Texas. In 1980, the Texas State Railroad acquired and restored this magnificent 137 ton steam engine locomotive. The 110-acre historical park is located in East Texas on US Highway 84 between Palestine and Rusk, with turn-of-the-century style depots 3 miles east of Palestine and 3 miles west of Rusk.
June 11th, 2013
Viewed 568 Times - Last Visitor from Saint Paul, MN on 03/22/2019 at 11:56 PM