Walking distance to Stirling Castle in Scotland, this historic building is home to the best food in Scotland. The Portcullis restaurant and hotel was originally built in 1787 as a school for boys and King James VI of Scotland was educated here more than five centuries ago. The building was also used by the Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders as a military store for the army based at nearby Stirling Castle. A portcullis is a strong, heavy grating sliding up and down in vertical grooves, lowered to block a gateway to a fortress or town.
February 17th, 2015
Viewed 1,041 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 10/15/2019 at 4:35 AM