The Village Vanguard is a jazz club located at 178 7th Avenue South in Greenwich Village, New York City. The club was opened on February 23, 1935, by Max Gordon. At first, it featured a variety of acts including folk music, poetry, comedy and reviews, but switched to a primarily all-jazz format in 1957.
January 28th, 2007
Viewed 1,688 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 06/15/2021 at 7:10 AM