Witch House, Salem. 20th-century photochrom (photographic lithograph) of a building in Salem, Massachusetts, USA, known as The Witch House. The appearance changed many times over the years and it has since been restored to its 17th-century appearance. This image dates from around 1901. The original building was constructed in the 1670s, and occupied by a local judge connected to the 1692 Salem witch trials. The peaked roof was added later, as was the pharmacy at right (Upton and Frisbee). Signs advertise 'Ye Old Witch House Antiques' and 'Witch House Entrance'. This photochrom is from the Detroit Publishing Company.
July 24th, 2016
Viewed 92 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 03/11/2019 at 3:51 PM