The 2020 group image entitled 'Broken' has been provided by Robert Holden (many thanks).
'Its easy in the world to live after the world�s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.� ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, �Self-Reliance�
'You think that I am impoverishing myself withdrawing from men, but in my solitude I have woven for myself a silken web or chrysalis, and, nymph-like, shall ere long burst forth a more perfect creature, fitted for a higher society.� ~ Henry David Thoreau, journal, February 8, 1857
At times in life we may withdraw.
This group creates a quiet, sacred space to experience the beauty of the artistic process.
You need not be extremely cleaver, just simply act with pure intentions.
This group values humility.
Please feel free to integrate the written word.
One form of poetry that may be used is Haiku. Features of Haiku are:
It contains three lines that rarely rhyme with each other
It has 5 moras (syllables) in the first line, 7 in the second and 5 in the last line.
A Haiku poem does not rhyme typically.
Haiku poems frequently have a kigo or seasonal reference.
Haiku poems are usually about nature or natural phenomenon.
The poem may have two juxtaposed subjects that are divided into two contrasting parts.
Light enters the night
The blanket of darkness lifts
Budding tulips rise
- Jessica Kristoff
1) Peer review is welcome
2) No pornographic nudes or vulgar language
3) Observe all copyright laws and rules of FAA
4) Genuine regard for the group members and the mission of the group
5) Creative ideas are welcome
6) Feel free to use the written word
7) Practice makes progress, work at expanding your craft
8) Be disciplined in being mindful of reactiveness
9) This group is not designed to substitute any healing modality which may be implemented by a medical professional or an accredited college course.
10) There are risks and benefits to self examination and expression especially in public domains please be mindful of this when participating
11) Be willing